The new Icom IC-M25 EURO Floating Handheld VHF Radio is the updated version of the Icom M23 – now smaller, lighter, and with an even longer battery life! Not only that, it has a Float’N Flash feature which makes it easy to retrieve if you accidentally drop it overboard.
Buoyant Marine VHF Transceiver
Great features mixed with style are the traits of Icom’s new IC-M25 buoyant marine VHF radio which floats and flashes when dropped into the water. Sporting an elegant slim design, this new model has the lightest body in the market for a floating VHF radio. New for an Icom, this new radio has a tidy USB connector for convenient charging from a variety of electronic devices!
Slim, Lightweight, Easy to Use
The IC-M25 is extremely lightweight, weighing only 220g. Its 30.5mm slim body is extremely comfortable to handle. Large LCD display and laser cut, curved shape buttons are well laid out and provide simple and straightforward operation. In fact, the IC-M25 LCD screen is 30% larger than its predecessor, the IC-M23, allowing you to clearly see the channel number and status icons.
Buoyant with flashing red LED
The IC-M25 floats when dropped in water. Not only does the LCD and key backlight on the front panel flash, but also the red LED light blinks through the rear panel showing the place of the radio so that it can be easily retrieved. The IC-M25 also floats even when the optional HM-213 microphone is attached.
11 Hours Long Battery Life
The built-in 1500mAh lithium-ion battery provides 5 Watts of transmit power and allows 11 hours (approximate) of long operation*.
*Typical operation with Tx (Hi): Rx: standby=5:5:90
The IC-M25 has a Micro-B USB connector and can be charged with the supplied AC adaptor, BC-217 in 3 hours (approx.). Third party USB charger products such as cigarette lighters or mobile battery for charging smart phones, tablets or digital cameras may be used with the IC-M25*.
*The IC-M25 accepts 5V/1A (Max.) input. Use of third party products is not guaranteed.
550mW Audio Output and Optional Speaker Microphone
The IC-M25 provides a powerful 550mW (12 Ohm load) audio output and received voice can be heard loud and clear. The Volume loud and mute functions offer quick adjustment of the volume level by holding the VOL/SQL button and pushing the up or down button. The optional HM-213 waterproof speaker microphone provides extra convenience for leisure users.
Icom IC-M25 EURO Floating Handheld VHF Radio Features:
- Floats and flashes when dropped into the water
- Elegant slim design
- Lightweight – only 220g
- Tidy USB connector for convenient charging
- 30.5mm slim body is comfortable to handle
- Large LCD display
- Laser cut, curve shaped buttons for simple and straightforward operation
- Flashing Red LED through the rear panel for easy retrieval
- 11 Hours long battery life
- IPX7 waterproof construction (1m depth of water for 30 minutes)
- 4-step battery life indicator
- Dual/Tri-watch functions
- Instant access to Ch 16 or programmable call channel
- Quick channel selection with the Favourite channel function
- Monitor function for noise squelch control with VOL/SQL button
- Auto scan function
- LCD auto backlighting
- AquaQuake draining function
- Colour: Marine Blue
Icom IC-M25 EURO Floating Handheld VHF Radio Specifications:
- Frequency Range:
Tx: 156.000-161.450 MHz
RX: 156.000-163.425 MHz
- Usable channel groups: INT, USA, ATIS channels (depending on version)
- Type of emission: 16K0G3E (FM)
- Power supply voltage: 3.7 VDC nominal
- Current drain (at 3.7 VDC)
RX (internal SP/External SP): 300mA/200mA (Max. audio)
- Operating temperature range: -15°C to +55°C
- Antenna impedance: 50Ω
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 56.6 x 134.2 x 30.5mm (projections not included)
- Weight: 220g
- Output power: 5W (approx)/1W
- Max. frequency deviation: ±5.0 kHz
- Frequency stability: ±1.5 kHz
- Spurious emissions: 0.25μW
- Adjacent channel power: 70dB
- Residual modulation: 40dB
- Sensitivity: -6dBμ emf typ.
- Squelch sensitivity: -6dBμ emf typ.
- Adjacent channel selectivity: 70dB
- Spurious response: 70dB
- Intermodulation: 68dB
- Audio output power (at 10% distortion):
Internal SP: 550mW typ.
External SP: 200mW