Farnley’s Yamaha Jet Ski Poker Run will be held Sunday,October 14th starting at 10am. A fun day for all involved, this event is not a race, rather an opportunity to enjoy friends, the water, and a chance to win great prizes!
Top 5 hands will be paid-out,
1st ($500), 2nd ($300), 3rd ($200), 4th ($100), 5th ($50).
Spot prizes on the day.
ALL JETSKI BRANDS WELCOME
######## Registrations ######
Register on the day at Takapuna Beach from 8:30 / 9:30
****Price to play – $50****
1) TAKAPUNA BEACH (The Promenade, The Strand) boat ramp will be the launching point for participants, you can launch at any location as long as you sign in at Takapuna Beach by 10am start time.
Primary starting location for participants will be Takapuna Beach.
2)1st stop, Takapuna Beach, Go over rules; Ride schedule for the Poker Run; First card given to entrants.
3) The exact run will be given out on the morning due to weather conditions; there will be total of 5 stops
4) The 5th and final stop, Motuihe Island, BBQ, Cards will be read. Prizes awarded.
5) Entrants are free to leave on their own accord upon awarding of prizes.
RULES FOR THE RUN:
1. This is a Jetski Poker “Run”…NOT a RACE!!! There are no prizes for speed – it does not matter who is first to complete the course.
2. The winning hand is determined by standard poker hand rankings. A total of Five (5) cards will be collected by each participant to build the winning hand; One (1) card per stop. No additional cards will be distributed at stops.
3. In the event that winning hands are duplicated, the participants will have a ‘sudden death’, 5-card showdown where each will draw one card at a time and display. Alternating after each turn. The best hand wins. Coin-flip will decide who goes first.
4. Payout is for top 5 winning hands.
5. Additional rules may be added prior to day of Poker Run. All rules and day’s event itinerary will be read and explained at 1st stop.
DISCLAIMERS & VIOLATIONS
1. Cheating is immediate disqualification of all hands purchased by the participate(s).
2. Opening an envelope prior to judges table disqualifies ALL hands by that participant.
3. No sharing or swapping of cards will be allowed and will disqualify ALL hands purchased by participate(s) involved.
RULES & REGULATIONS
MUST HAVE A LEGALLY REGISTERED JET SKI
NO DRINKING/DRUGS AND DRIVING
NO MORE RIDERS THAN SKI MANUFACTURER’S LIMITS
MUST WEAR PROPER APPROVED PFD
MUST HAVE PROPER SAFETY EQUIPMENT
5 KNOTS WITHIN 200M OF OTHER BOATS, DOCKS, LAND
ALL MARITIME RULES APPLY
MUST CARRY A CELL PHONE
ENCOUNTERING OTHER VESSELS:
PRACTICE GOOD SEAMANSHIP
KEEP A SHARP LOOKOUT
MAINTAIN A SAFE SPEED & DISTANCE
ANYONE OBSERVED BREAKING THE RULES & REGULATIONS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED